Los Angeles, CA
AC Martin Partners, Inc.
Originally built in 1925, The Los Angeles County Hall of Justice went under restoration in 2011 to repair seismic damage which caused the historic building to close in 1994. Extensive cleaning of the exterior granite and restoration of the marbleclad grand lobby were just some of the steps taken during this historical renovation.
A large percentage of offices in this building have windows in order to utilize as much natural light as possible. Specific lighting techniques and fixtures were carefully chosen to keep the historic feel of this building intact. In some sections of the building, original marble flooring, wood door frames and light fixtures were salvaged, fixed and used again. This project is LEED® registered at the Gold Level.